To access this area of the profile, click your picture in the upper right of Kona to access your account options. Click “Notifications.”
If the envelope icon to the right of the email notification is black, it is enabled and the email will be sent. A gray envelope means the notification is disabled and an email will not be sent.
- Kona news and communications: This option is separate from the product notifications and updates. Disabling this option will remove you from Kona marketing and product news emails like new release announcements.
- Note: If you have disabled this option for more than 24 hours, you must enable the envelope and visit this page to re-enable your marketing subscription.
- Daily Planner: The daily planner email is sent each morning. It lists reminders for today, events scheduled for today, and tasks due today (or overdue).
- Conversation digests: If you have unread comments in a conversation, you can be emailed all comments since your last email notification in a digest email. The previously read (but not emailed) comments will be shaded darker and the unread comments will be white. Once you enable this option, you can select the frequency by clicking on the link to the left of the envelope. Your choices are Hourly, Daily, or Never for the frequency and you can select which category of spaces to receive notifications for. If you choose anything other than ALL, you will only receive conversation digests for the chosen space category. Note: This setting will affect all conversations created from this point forward. Conversations that already exist will continue to email you based on your previous settings. You can change the settings for an individual conversation by clicking on it to open the pop-up and then clicking the drop-down arrow to the right of the conversation name. Choose “Email settings” from the drop-down menu and then select the frequency you want for this particular conversation.
- Mark conversations read: If this option is checked, then when an email digest with unread comments goes out, Kona will mark those comments as unread. This option can be especially useful if you catch up on conversations via email and then have to go clear the comments in Kona. Checking this box will clear it in Kona for you.
- Invitations from external calendar feeds: If this option is enabled, when someone adds an external calendar feed with public events to a space you belong to, you will receive an email notification for every event in the feed. By default, this option is disabled.
- Reminders: On the settings tab of your profile, you can set a default reminder for events. If you select “Email” as your delivery method, you will receive an email in the timeframe you select before your event begins. You can also set reminders on individual events and tasks that will be emailed and appear in your Reminders Pad. Learn more in this article.
- Invitations to spaces and activities: With this option enabled, you will receive an email notification (and see a notification in the globe icon in the upper left of Kona) any time you are invited to a space, and any time you are assigned to a task or an event. If this option is disabled, you will only be notified via the globe icon in the upper left of Kona.
- Urgent comments: With this option enabled, any time someone posts a comment in a conversation that they mark as urgent via the exclamation point icon in the conversation, you will receive an immediate email notification. The conversation will also be denoted with an exclamation point, and the comment will be highlighted in light red. If this option is disabled, you will see the conversation marked with the exclamation point and the comment highlighted, but there will be no email notification.
- User mentions: With this option enabled, any time someone uses the @ symbol to mention you, you will receive an immediate email notification. The conversation will also be marked that you were mentioned and the comment will have your name highlighted in light red. With this option disabled, the conversation and comment will be marked but you will not receive an email notification.
- Group mentions: With this option enabled, any time someone uses the @ symbol to mention a group you belong to, you will receive an immediate email notification. The conversation will also be marked that the group was mentioned and the comment will have your group name highlighted in light red. With this option disabled, the conversation and comment will be marked but you will not receive an email notification.
TIP! We recommend enabling Reminders, Invitations to spaces and activities, Urgent comments, User mentions, and Group mentions. The other settings are truly personal preference for how you work best with Kona.
TIP! Turn off all emails (including previously enabled conversation digests): Click on any black envelope icons (enabled) to set them to gray (disabled). If all icons are gray, you will not receive Kona emails.