The Space Overview page includes space announcements, summarized information about the items in the space, top contributors, and a look at active and important items, upcoming events, and recent activity.
Announcements: As a space owner, you can add an announcement for all your space members. The announcement will show on the Space Overview page and from the global notifier icon in the upper left of Kona. You can show up to three announcements at a time on the Space Overview page. The oldest message will automatically be removed from view although it will still be available via the global notifier.
- To add an announcement: Open your space to access the Space Overview page. In the Announcements section, click “Add announcement.” Type in your message for the entire space and click “Add”. At that point, it will show on the Space Overview page and create a global notifier so space members will see it no matter where they are in Kona. TIP: The Add Announcement field will accept html code if you wish to do extra formatting here.
- To edit an announcement: Hover over the announcement text until you see the pencil and X icons appear. Click on the pencil icon. The “Edit Announcement” screen will appear containing the text you previously typed. You can make your changes and then click “Save” to re-post the announcement. TIP: This field will accept html code if you wish to do extra formatting here.
- To delete: Hover over the announcement text until you see the pencil and X icons appear. Click on the X icon. Kona will ask if you are sure you want to delete. Click “Yes” to delete the announcement. The announcement will be deleted from the Space Overview page and the global notifier.
# Active conversations: is a list of the 5 most recent conversations in order of the most recent comments to the discussion.
# Tasks at Work: is a list of the 5 most recently updated tasks that have been commented on or edited in any way in the last 30 days. If no tasks meet this criteria, a default view will be provided to say “There are currently no tasks at work.” with an “Add task” link.
Upcoming events: is a list of 5 upcoming events in the next 14 days ordered by closest to today. If no events, a default view will be provided to say “There are currently no upcoming events.” with an “Add event” link.
# Important Files: is the first 5 files marked as favorites by the space owner(s). Tip: We would recommend using favorites to pin important files for the rest of the space team such as a contact list, standard conference call number, or upcoming milestones.
Top Contributors: The top contributors section on the Space Overview page shows the top 3 people with large icons and the next 5 contributors with slightly smaller icons. Note: Team members who leave the space will continue to appear in the Top Contributors section until another person earns enough to take their place. People are chosen based:
- 50% on the number of comments posted in the last 30 days
- 25% on the number of tasks assigned to that person (not following)
- 25% on the number of objects created by that person.