Before downgrading your Kona Pro or Pro+ account, compare the Free, Pro, and Business plans to be sure that downgrading is the right decision for you. Keep in mind that any prepaid bills are not refundable but future billing will be updated.
In order to downgrade your account, you must be under the limit of spaces owned for the lower level. For Kona Pro, this means 30 or less spaces. To downgrade to Kona Free, this means 10 or less spaces. To get under the limit, you can transfer space ownership to someone else, or you can delete the space.
To determine which spaces you own:
- Click “Spaces” on the left sidebar of Kona.
- Click the “Manage” link under the Spaces heading.
- Click the “Owned” filter in the top left under the “Find spaces” field.
- From here, you can navigate to each space you own, and either change the owner or delete the space.
Once you have gotten your Owned spaces below the level of 10 to downgrade to Kona Pro, or 2 to downgrade to Kona Free, follow these steps to downgrade your account:
- Click your profile picture in the upper right of Kona.
- Choose “My profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Downgrade” link on the left side under Account Type. If downgrading from Kona Pro+, you will then need to select if you’re going to Kona Pro or Kona Free.
- On the Downgrade account screen, click the “Downgrade” button. Your account will modified according to your selection.